ADVERTISEMENT

Texas A&M has high hopes for Marco Jones, Dijon Lee Jr., and Noah Mikhail and they hope Husan Longstreet can help recruit them.

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
Comments from our Rivals Texas A&M staff:

Husan Longstreet has scheduled his visit for this weekend in order to help recruit some of the big names coming in to town. You can bet he'll be talking to offensive tackles a whole lot.

Marco Jones is listed by Rivals as a linebacker, but a lot of teams like him as a defensive end. More precisely, they see him developing into an edge rusher. He's got a frame similar to Rylan Kennedy, so you get the idea. I also think he's a good bit bigger than 215 already, so that would add to the idea he's going to grow into an end.

Jones has officials set to A&M, Texas and Michigan and that's it. Who leads is anyone's guess at this point, but those are the three teams to watch. A&M is being pretty picky on who it's going after at defensive end, so it's a safe bet Sean Spencer and Tony Jerod-Eddie really like him.

One of the nation's elite corners, Dijon Lee Jr. will visit A&M, Washington, Georgia and Alabama. USC is also very much in the hunt, but he doesn't have to official to see them. If there's one player that tops the cornerback wish list who's still on the market, this may be the guy (they're not getting Devin Sanchez). My gut feeling is USC leads, but he's definitely open to other options.

4-star linebacker Noah Mikhail is definitely on A&M's wish list, and I think the Aggies lead for him at this point. The other competitors are USC and Oregon, but he's really had an outstanding relationship with the A&M coaching staff. He has already set his commitment date for June 30, after he takes his three officials, so he's not waiting around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News