ADVERTISEMENT

Surprise! MD and SJB in the Div 1 final.

Fohian

Sep 5, 2001
A very boring bracket. Blowouts galore. I made a point in a previous post about declining attendance where one poster disagreed. The visitor's side in both games I watched were sparse for games of this magnitude. SJB vs Centennial and RC vs Sierra Canyon.

Last edited:
You do realize the Rancho faithful would had to travel roughly 60 miles on a Friday night.
I was surprised there were that many on the RC stands.

You do realize the Rancho faithful would had to travel roughly 60 miles on a Friday night.
I was surprised there were that many on the RC stands.
It's been quite a few years of course but in a preleague game Fontana had fans on the visiting side in Vista when their visiting side was filled. They had a couple thousand in Clovis for another preleague game. Any playoff game they filled the visitor's side. I remember Long Beach Wilson fans being mad that we, including myself, had so many fans in their bleachers in Long Beach for a first round playoff game. How ya been Doc?

Fohian,

Been doing well.
Nice to see you in / on here.
Since my boys graduated I rarely attend games. I had gone to every Rancho game from 2005 to 2015, 11 years straight. I only went to 2 games this year. HS football has changed dramatically in just the last few years. For the best? that's debatable.
I don't know, maybe next year ???
I have Rams season tickets for the last 4 years and doing so for the new place as well. So it seems my energy has shifted.

Fohian,

Been doing well.
Nice to see you in / on here.
Since my boys graduated I rarely attend games. I had gone to every Rancho game from 2005 to 2015, 11 years straight. I only went to 2 games this year. HS football has changed dramatically in just the last few years. For the best? that's debatable.
I don't know, maybe next year ???
I have Rams season tickets for the last 4 years and doing so for the new place as well. So it seems my energy has shifted.
I watched about half of Fohi's games. It wasn't there worst team of recent vintage but they're still not good. I've been retired for over 3 years. Having a great time golfing, fishing, gambling and playing and watching live music. Living like I'm a teenager but I have money as an old man. Lol. Glad to hear you're doing well. I admired your accuracy in the contest. Yeah, the prep game has changed. It's become about the haves and the have nots. A few schools with limitless budgets and resources and everybody else. It's like very good junior college teams against frosh teams. Attendance is way down.

I've been a Ram fan forever except the St. Louis years. I refused to support Whoregia Frontiere.

Last edited:
I've been retired for over 3 years. Having a great time golfing, fishing, gambling and playing and watching live music.

Hey Fohian - do you play in a band or just watch live music? I've got a nephew that shreds it in a band in the IE.

Hey Fohian - do you play in a band or just watch live music? I've got a nephew that shreds it in a band in the IE.
I do both. I do mostly percussion, congas, shakers etc. I've done a lot of drums over the years but I have arthritis in my ankles now. I know a ton of working pros who tour around the world. Sounds glamorous doesn't it? It's a hard life being gone from home a lot, the pay hasn't changed in decades and no benefits or retirement. I'm retired now so I have a nice pension so I'm having a blast. I dont need the pay. What style does your nephew play and what instrument? Musicians are an amusing group, typically bright and analytical. And look at us playing into old age. How many people played football beyond high school? Band nerds rule! Lol.

Yep, attendance at CC/Bosco game was very poor...........Attendence is way down at high school games the last couple years. CC home game attendence has been way down for years. I think it was 2015 I went to a CC game with Bishop Amat/ a semi final game, and you couldn't find a place to sit much less stand to watch the game. I am sure that was the largest crowd ever at a CC game, it was an incredible atmosphere.But the other night it was no big deal.

He's in a Lake Elsinore band called Iricons and mainly plays lead guitar, but he dabbles at bass guitar and drums. Not my style of music; I like music a little more subtle. lol

What kind of music are you into? I like about every kind except maybe jazz and heavy metal.

https://www.facebook.com/iricons/
I'm a big jazz listener, contemporary or straight ahead. I grew up listening to the Beatles of course, Led Zeppelin, Foreigner, Journey, Van Halen, Earth, Wind and Fire, Tower of Power, Average White Band etc. I play all styles but I prefer not having my ears blown out. I enjoy playing but with my ankles shot the load in and out is killer. I often go to the LA jazz scene at The Baked Potato, Catalinas etc. World class players that I've gotten to know. I take drum and percussion lessons from a couple. I like high school bands too but the programs arent funded very well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT