ADVERTISEMENT

State Open Game

Feb 28, 2011
We here in Northern California are hoping that DLS can stay close to SJB. We realize that privates have an advantage over the publics i.e. the ability to attract more athletes. Of course, schools like SJB and MD put DLS to shame with their blatant transferring in of great athletes.

Anyway, go DLS!!

We here in Northern California are hoping that DLS can stay close to SJB. We realize that privates have an advantage over the publics i.e. the ability to attract more athletes. Of course, schools like SJB and MD put DLS to shame with their blatant transferring in of great athletes.

Anyway, go DLS!!
All birds of a feather. After having an adequate sample for years now it's clear that the famed DLS win streak would have been much shorter had they scheduled southern section teams earlier. They even lost to public schools here like Canyon Country

Reactions: RedZone90
All birds of a feather. After having an adequate sample for years now it's clear that the famed DLS win streak would have been much shorter had they scheduled southern section teams earlier. They even lost to public schools here like Canyon Country[/QUOTE]

....and Corona Centennial.

I didn't include CC because I see them as much superior to the other CC. They lost to less talented teams out here.

It is still a shame that blatant transfers rule the day for MD and SJB. Fohian, you really have no idea what you are talking about.

It is still a shame that blatant transfers rule the day for MD and SJB. Fohian, you really have no idea what you are talking about.
DLS is the just another travel ball team essentially. A group of all stars assembled for the sake of playing prep football whether or not they transferred in. They went there for that purpose only. That's the game now for quite some time. Don't even start to tell me that winning streak would have lasted. Just look at the losses that have a accumulated in these bowl games to the elite teams out this way. Just like the teams out here, DLS operates on the same principle, they account it to great coaching, etc but the long and short of it is it's bought and paid for. Let's not be disingenuous about it. Most public schools can't operate that way so it's only the teams that do the same that can beat them consistently. DLS has a monopoly on the talent in that pool.

Last edited:
The biggest joke in CA high school football is that no other team in Northern CA has beaten DLS in 30 years! DLS recruits the best 8th graders at their camps, they draw players from the entire Bay Area, and then waltz into the Open Championship game without any serious challenge, and have bye weeks and are rested & injury free. Then their fans complain about having to play Mater Dei or St. John Bosco. LOL. Classic.

Reactions: Fohian
The biggest joke in CA high school football is that no other team in Northern CA has beaten DLS in 30 years! DLS recruits the best 8th graders at their camps, they draw players from the entire Bay Area, and then waltz into the Open Championship game without any serious challenge, and have bye weeks and are rested & injury free. Then their fans complain about having to play Mater Dei or St. John Bosco. LOL. Classic.
I remember years ago in an international track meet 5 chinese women came in under the previous world record. Nothing suspicious about that. Lol. May I introduce you to the DLS's of prep football. Conspicuous by their success. It must be the water.

Red Zone 90; I guess you are not allowed to leave So cal. If you did, you would know that DLS does not "draw players from the entire Bay Area". They draw from their geographic area of the East Bay.

it is so funny to listen to the basically stupid So Cal HS fans try to put DLS on the same level as SJB and MD when it comes ot recruiting. You guys (or girls??) are very comical.

Red Zone 90; I guess you are not allowed to leave So cal. If you did, you would know that DLS does not "draw players from the entire Bay Area". They draw from their geographic area of the East Bay.

it is so funny to listen to the basically stupid So Cal HS fans try to put DLS on the same level as SJB and MD when it comes ot recruiting. You guys (or girls??) are very comical.

So De La Salle draws players from a geographic area larger than Mater Dei and SJB. Thanks for confirming.

Incorrect; MD and SJB have the huge Southern California area vs. the small 20-30 miles in the East bay that DLS draws from. Suggest you study geography more. The East Bay does not mean a 50 by 50 mile area. I'll roof for DLS and doubt they can beat "Transfer U" aka St. John Bosco.

I suggest you look at a map. MD and SJB are only about 20 miles apart and they do not draw from a 50 by 50 mile area. LOL. Get a clue. DLS draws from both the East Bay and the Peninsula, which is why they offer discounts on the BART train and ride share.

I’m not a fan of DLS but I think they have a lot better chance against SJB then they would of against MD. The thing I don’t understand is why SoCal fans don’t just say “ yeah we transfer the best kids we can find in order to beat DLS. So what are you going to do about it?” If it weren’t true you wouldn’t be including DLS camps, recruiting, and boundaries as excuses to why you have so many transfers. Just come straight out and admit it instead of doing it through all your excuses.

Reactions: THEOC89
I’m not a fan of DLS but I think they have a lot better chance against SJB then they would of against MD. The thing I don’t understand is why SoCal fans don’t just say “ yeah we transfer the best kids we can find in order to beat DLS. So what are you going to do about it?” If it weren’t true you wouldn’t be including DLS camps, recruiting, and boundaries as excuses to why you have so many transfers. Just come straight out and admit it instead of doing it through all your excuses.

Excuses for what? Transfers are a matter of public record. Nobody in So Cal is denying transfers to MD or SJB. It’s the delusional NorCal fans that act like DLS doesn’t recruit talent from their camps and draw from the entire Bay Area. It’s so funny to hear the whining from NorCal fans about how a team that has an absolute monopoly on high school football in NorCal can’t compete in state championship game. Stop the crying! LOL.

Reactions: Fohian
Excuses for what? Transfers are a matter of public record. Nobody in So Cal is denying transfers to MD or SJB. It’s the delusional NorCal fans that act like DLS doesn’t recruit talent from their camps and draw from the entire Bay Area. It’s so funny to hear the whining from NorCal fans about how a team that has an absolute monopoly on high school football in NorCal can’t compete in state championship game. Stop the crying! LOL.
I have read my previous post several times but I’m sorry your going to have to point out where I said the word “denying”. Also I am a NorCal fan and will tell you DLS puts on a summer football camp I believe from ages 9-14 to raise money for the program and yes I’m absolutely sure to recruit players. SO WHAT. Kids transfer for many reasons. But 90% of the kids that are transferring to play football would never even be allowed in those schools for any other reason. This I know to be a fact.

Reactions: THEOC89
I have read my previous post several times but I’m sorry your going to have to point out where I said the word “denying”. Also I am a NorCal fan and will tell you DLS puts on a summer football camp I believe from ages 9-14 to raise money for the program and yes I’m absolutely sure to recruit players. SO WHAT. Kids transfer for many reasons. But 90% of the kids that are transferring to play football would never even be allowed in those schools for any other reason. This I know to be a fact.

I think you need to re-read your posts again. I never said you denied anything. I said nobody in SoCal is denying transfers. Sheesh!

Anyway, go DLS!!
DLS recruits kids all over The 4 and up and down the 680. Just like other private catholic schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT