ADVERTISEMENT

San Clemente essentially penalizes three teams.

Fohian

Sep 5, 2001
It really has become a charade what San Clemente has caused. It's really hard for me to come down on them because what they did is what private schools get away with without penalty all the time. However the end result being what it is, Chaminade will waltz into the final to face Sierra Canyon. Essentially Rancho Verde and Sierra Canyon are essentially the teams being penalized. Of course Chaminade doesn't get to test itself either in the heat of battle.

I don't think it's fair that Chaminade can rest its' players and have a week and additional days to prepare for their finals appearance. They also got to watch Sierra Canyon in action against Rancho Cucamonga probably live in some instances.

Like someone else mentioned, since Rancho Verde was cheated against they should've went to the semis in place of San Clemente so that the deserving team gets to the finals with the same wear and tear. I'm actually a little surprised because the CIF always seems ready to reap the benefits of additional gate income.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT