ADVERTISEMENT

QB Gavin Wasserman keys El Camino in victory over Oceanside for the City Trophy

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Simcox Field at John Carroll Stadium-Oceanside High School-Oceanside, CA-Friday, September 27, 2024: For the battle for the city trophy between the Wildcats of El Camino and the Pirates of Oceanside the Wildcats scored the game winning touchdown with 5 seconds left in the game as qb Gavin Wasseman rushed for 98 yards and scored 3 touchdowns, (84 yards passing) threw a 5 yard pass to receiver Jathan Bajarano made the final score 21-17 and winning their 5th game in a row.

Other El Camino contributors: Blake Sega threw a halfback pass to Jordan Cilo for 6 yards to give the Wildcats a 7-0 lead with the PAT good.

Michael Hobbs on his El Camino squad: Gavin Wasserman threw the ball wel in the game butl the big story tonight is our defense, we have made mistakes on offense but once when we sorted out things, moving forward we're going to have a pretty good team as league play will be starting next week along special teams is improving in order for us to prepare for Torrey Pines."

" My starting quaterback Gavin Wasserman is patient along with a very positive attitude and takes things in stride along with having fun." When we trailed 17-14 our kids on the football team that contributed to our squad. " "While the game was going on, II had 7 leaderrs came up to me and said that we are here to win this game I promise you that". "Then we started on the next series of plays as they believed in themselves and told me that they are going to win this game I was happy along with the kids."

Oceanside contributors: Joe Vinup threw for 44 yards total with a 10 yard pass to Ezaya Tokyo which tied the game at 7-7. Christian Sanchez 45 yard field goal put the Pirates within 14-10 and Damon Daniels scored on a 2 yard touchdown put the Pirates up 17-14. Neki Letuli led the Pirates with 120 yards on the ground.

Oceanside's last victory over El Camino was in 2018 when the Pirates won 46-30.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
Calvin Christian 24 Cornerstone Christian 22 Calvin Christian Blake Elders scores a 50 yard touchdown with the 2 point conversion good by Cole Souders.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT