ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State bound Troy Huhn's 5 touchdown passes paces Mission Hills over Carlsbad

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Friday October 4, 2024-Carlsbad High School-Carlsbad, CA: The Mission Hills Grizzles improve their record to 5-1 on the season as Penn State bound Troy Huhn threw for 254 yards along with 5 touchdown passes of 2 to to Braylon Robinson (157 yards receiving) for 20 and 29 yards, 22 yards to Perrin Blankenship (48 yards receiving), 5 yards to Logan Boychik and 44 yards to Pat Fleming defeated the Carlsbad Lancers on a homecoming crowd by a 35-28 score.

Troy Huhn Mission Hills QB on his performance: " On the first five touchdown play I just stick to our system and that is how we win games like we showed tonight."

Perrin Blankenship on his performance for Mission Hills: "We had a good night tonight with a great week of practice as we worked hard to prepare for Carlsbad." "Our scout defense has helped us out a lot which was a good time for our squad." "I had to work on my speed in the game, playing varsity football after playing JV was an improvement for me in that I played both offense and defense but I would rather stick to playing safety which I played last year."

For the Lancers of Carlsbad, Jake Morrison scored on 2 touchdown runs of 3 and 4 yards along with 66 yards rushing. Eli MacNeill threw for 387 yards along with 2 touchdown passes of 17 yards to Chris Hawk 112 yards receiving and 5 yards to Colton Thomas

With the win the Grizzlies of Mission Hills improve to 5-1 on the season and 1-0 in the Avocado League while they host Torrey Pines while Carlsbad fall to 4-2 and 0-1 in the Avocado League as they will be at Poway kickoff times at 7 pm.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT