ADVERTISEMENT

My Western Division bracket

gvgrizzlyfan

Aug 15, 2005
Ok folks, rip it apart but I am throwing up my Western division bracket if they let me pick. I know nothing of the detailed rules or any coin flips so there may be teams in this group that actually don't even make the playoffs. I used league placement, calpreps power ratings and regionalized the first round of the playoffs.
Calabasas ends up playing a Bay league opponent in each round after the first round.
#1 Calabasas
vs
Santa Barbara Calabasas
vs
#5 North Torrance Mira Costa
vs
Mira Costa Calabasas
vs
#7Redondo Redondo
vs
Lawndale Ventura
vs
#3 Ventura Redondo
vs
Rio Mesa Calabasas
vs Calabasas Champs
#4 Oxnard Palos Verdes
vs
Simi Valley Oxnard
vs
#8 Buena Buena
vs
Pacifica Buena
vs
#6 Palos Verdes
Culver City
vs
West Torrance Palos Verdes
vs
#2 Palos Verdes West Torrance
vs
El Segundo

Reactions: Dave Keefer
I don't think Simi Valley made the playoffs. They were in a 3-way tie for 2nd in league but came up 4th after drawing the short end of the stick. Agoura was 2nd, Oak Park 3rd and OP applied for an at large.

Wow -did you hear about the Ventura win? Wild ending. PI penalty gave them an extra play with no time on the clock and they scored on a TD pass.

Have not seen the Ventura play. I am lacking for Ventura county news being on the west side of LA now but I am gonna get a whole lotta Ventura county football news this week cuz the three leagues on the west side and south bay of LA play three leagues basically from Ventura County in the Western Division playoffs. And if the calpreps.com website is correct, Simi Valley got into the playoffs, just barely and gets the honor of taking on one of the top seeds, on the road, Palos Verdes. PV only has a no-lights field, so I assume the game will be moved off the hill, maybe to South Torrance? Just a guess. I could not help but notice that even though there are only 14 teams from the three northern leagues in the division, they got 9 of the playoff spots while the three southern leagues, having a total of 18 teams, only got 7 playoff spots. The two themes for the Western Division are, Ventura County vs LA Westside and the obvious question, can anybody beat Calabasas?

The Simi vs Palos Verdes game will be at Mira Costa high school since Mira Costa is on the road at Ventura High. Costa does have a good size stadium with lights, but the stands are all one side, similar to Westlake. Fans should be prepared to deal with that situation. That is a tough first round draw for Ventura against Mira Costa. Costa has given up more than 14 points only once this season.
Redondo has a rematch of their week 3 game against West Torrance which they won 14-3, but you know what they say, it is hard to beat a good team twice in one season and West is well coached.
It will be Simi Valley's offense vs the PV defense.

If Simi Valley can play some defense, they'll have a shot, but teams have had no trouble scoring on them this season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT