ADVERTISEMENT

Mission Hills alum Jack Tuttle to start for Indiana in Outback Bowl vs.Mississippi

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-12-24-20-The Mission Hills Grizzlies known for their football tradition along with outstanding athletes that are currently playing in college. In 2017 the Miracle Grizzlies had one of the best seasons in school history with a lot of good athletes in Chris Olave starting wide receiver at Ohio State, Sam Dixon at the United States Naval Academy, Fred Warner Brigham Young alum playing for the San Francisco 49ers currently leading the team in tackles, brother Troy Warner playing at Brigham Young, Warren Washington at the University of Nevada at Reno playing basketball.

The quarterback known for his amazing speed, pocket passing skills in Jack Tuttle, who led the Grizzlies to a current undefeated football career fell short of the CIF San Diego Section title and suffered their first loss to the Highlanders of Helix High School on the game winning touchdown by current Utah State freshman Eleyon Noah.

"During my 4 years at Mission Hills, Coach Hauser has developed me into a mature and responsible person as my tributes always go to them." said Jack Tuttle "When we played Helix in the CIF San Diego Section Final for our first loss that was one of the toughest games as we have kept our team going in order to improve."

After high school the Grizzly alum enrolled at the University of Utah but things didn't work out so he felt that the University of Indiana was a good fit felt that the coaching staff were like a big family to him.

In the Hoosiers 27-11 win over the University of Maryland after starting quarterback Michael Penix suffered a knee injury, Jack Tuttle finally came in relief.

"As a quarterback it is my responsibility to lead the team that is what I did after starting quarterback Michael Penix hurt his knee as he carried the ball on a read option which is unfortunate he is a great player and a person. said the Grizzly alum

On Saturday, December 5th, the San Marcos, CA native got his first start of the season as he threw for 130 yards along with touchdown passes of 1 to Peyton Hendershot and 7 yards to Whop Philyer as they defeated the Wisconsin Badgers 14-6.

"I felt that we overcame some adversity as our squad pulled through the game and came out with the win." "I felt that I can do more to contribute to the team." said Tuttle. "Wisconsin is always one of the toughest teams in the Big 10."

"Memorial Stadium on the campus of the University of Indiana is a great atmosphere in a competitive Big 10 conference hopefully next year will get all the support back to pack this fine tradition facility." said Jack Tuttle. "Playing our rival Purdue is one of the greatest rivalries for The Old Oaken Bucket is tradition you can talk about rival football on the day of the contest didn't play Purdue COVID 19 but hopefully will get the game back next year."

"Our squad finished the regular season at 6-1 is by recruiting, transfers along with putting the pieces together we were known as the miracle Hoosiers. said Jack Tuttle. "My father played football here at Indiana from 1987 to 1989 he was a walkon kicker everytime he comes to this campus it brings memories to him"

On January 2nd 2021 the Hoosiers will be playing Mississippi in the Outback Bowl in Tampa, Florida where Jack Tuttle will make his second start.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT