ADVERTISEMENT

Lucky Sutton's 3 touchdown runs sparks Cathedral Catholic over Carlsbad

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Escondido High School-Escondido CA: Championship Section Tournament after they 11-20-21: The Cathedral Catholic Dons known for their football tradition and winning CIF San Diego Section pigskin titles, after trailing 6-0 on quarterback Julian Sayin's 65 yard pass to wide receiver Matt Moore came back and dominated the game on Lucky Sutton's 257 yards rushing scored touchdown runs of 4, 78, 88 yards ,teammate qb Charles Mirer 110 yards passing threw a 51 yard touchdown pass to Rex Haines (whose father Rick Mirer played at Notre Dame and with the Seattle Seahawks) defeated the Carlsbad Lancers by a 48-19 score and suffered their first loss.

The Lancers scored 2 more touchdowns as qb Julian Sayin threw for 233 yards along with 2 more touchdown passes of 1 yard to Barrett Brooks and scored a 1 yard touchdown run.

Carlsbad Lancers Head Football Coach Thadd MacNeill: "I felt that after our first lead of 6-0, Cathedral Catholic came out and outplayed us as our defense had a hard time stopping Lucky Sutton." "Julian Sayin played well for us on his first pass which was called a Bubble that is where our Julian Sayin threw a pass on the outside of the lines for our first score." "On his second pass, Julian looked for Barrett Brooks." "His third touchdown was a run is where he tried to fake to the slotback as he ran well for us."

Sean Doyle Head Football Coach at Cathedral Catholic: "Lucky Sutton is a good of an offensive player that I've coach in my years here at Cathedral Catholic." "He did well on running the ball as I give credit to the offensive line who protected him well." "Charles Mirer did well on the 51 yard pass play to Rex Haines both executed well off the ball at the right time."

Other Lancer performers Pablo Burak 47 yards rushing on 12 carries Josh Davis 9 receptions for 96 yards.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT