ADVERTISEMENT

Julian Sayin's 2 touchdown passes paces Carlsbad Lancers to a 37-0 win over previous undefeated Poway

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Swede Krcmar Stadium-Carlsbad High School-Carlsbad, CA-Thursday, November 10, 2022: For the third year in a row the Carlsbad Lancers under head football coach Thadd McNeal have advanced to the San Diego Section Open Division Finals

Alabama bound qb Julian Sayin threw for 278 yards along with 2 touchdown passes of 34 and 46 yards to wide receiver Justin Jefferson (130 yards receiving) and scored on a 1 yard run Nico Arbot ( 21 yards rushing)scored on an 8 yard run, Tyler Prashan's 32 yard field goal and Mason Walsh (led the Lancers in rushing with 70 yards) scored on a 19 yard touchdown run.

Thadd McNeil Carlsbad Head Football Coach of Carlsbad High School: "As we make the CIF finals for our 3rd year in a row, it's a great opportunity for us every year that will be different for us as we'are excited to be back in the finals Running back Mason Walsh, who wrestles for us, went over his career for 1000 total yards rushing and is only a junior. I was very pleased with his performance today running the ball."

Julien Sayin qb on his performance vs Poway : "Our coaching staff prepared us for Poway during the week as we worked out in the weight room which helped us to prepare for today's game." "When I threw my 2 touchdown passes to Justin Johnson he went up caught the ball at the right time and is a great receiver." "On my 1 yard run I give credit to our offensive line as they blocked well for us." "I am really excited to head out to Tuscaloosa to meet Coach Saban and the staff Bama football is an experience. "

The Titans of Poway conclude their season as they finish with a 10-1 record are led by Connor Rath with 79 yards rushing and qb Dillon Curry 31 yards passing

With the win the Lancers of Carlsbad improve to 10-1 and will take on the winner of the Lincoln vs. Madison contest that will be held next Friday, November 18, 2022 at Snapdragon Stadium.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT