ADVERTISEMENT

Holtville High Vikings wins over Army Navy Academy in 27-21 win to claim their 5AA CIF SDS Section Title

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Escondido High School-Escondido, CA-11-18-23: In a very close Division 5 AA championship finsls the Holtville Vikings claimed their first title in 32 years since in 1992 defeated the Hawks of Mountain Empire by a 41-6 score in a Class 1A contest.

Today was a different outcome as Enrique Armas scored the go ahead touchdown in the 4th quarter on a 4 yard run put the Vikings up 27-14 before Nehemiah Brunson,JR scored on a 25 yard pass reception from quarterback Carlos Ramirez who also threw 1 other pass of 15 to Landon Schrom and scored on a 1 run yard run.

Griffin Garcia 1 yard run H 7-0 kick good
Landon Schrom 15 yard pass from Carlos Ramirez 7-7 kick good
Carlos Ramirez 1 yard run 14-7 kick good AM
Alonzo Cuevas 13 yard pass to Landon Kellum 14-14 tie
Alonzo Cuevas 12 yard pass to Brayden Terre kick good 21-14 H
Carlos Ramirez 25 yard to Nehimiah Brunson kick good 27-21 H

Nehimiah Brunson on Army Navy's performance: " Their defense played lights out football all night but we needed to make plays that we needed too." "Alonzo Curvas is a good quarterback with our defensive play we had to key in on his left side he is one of the best quarterback's in the country." "I'm proud of our guys mostly with our defensive line they executed and did a good job." "We had put pressure on their center and made our play which made the game closer they made some big stops being conservative we will be aggressive in those situations I'm proud of my defense for stepping up today."

Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT