ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a report from our Texas Rivals staff on QB Troy Huhn's weekend visit

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
A couple of the big questions coming into the Elite camp still remain unanswered … would Texas get a QB commitment over the weekend? Which QB is the most likely to jump on board?

Texas currently has four QB offers out in the 2026 class, but it’s really looking like two guys are the leading options … Dia Bell and Troy Huhn. Both players were in Austin on Saturday, bot enjoyed the experience and both left town uncommitted.

Huhn, out of San Marcos (CA) Mission Hills, has been a regular visitor to the Texas campus over the last 12 months, with Saturday’s visit his fourth. Huhn was accompanied by his mother on this weekend’s visit and they both got some time with Sarkisian and AJ Milwee.

“I was able to sit down with Coach Sark and my mom. We had a great conversation,” Huhn said. “We had all of our questions answered and it really helped us. Coach Sark gave me some great advice and it will definitely stick with me through this process.”

The highlight of the visit, Huhn said was the conversations with the coaches.

“They are all great people and coaches,” Huhn said.

Huhn doesn’t have a formal list of favorites but said Texas is “up there.” He’s watching what other quarterbacks do and said any potential QB commitments could speed up his timeline. He’s planning to visit Clemson, Auburn, Michigan and Penn State this summer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News