ADVERTISEMENT

Ground game paces Carlsbad Lancers in 30-12 win over Oceanside Pirates

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-John Carroll Stadium-Oceanside, CA: The Carlsbad Lancers known for their air attack from the amazing passing of University of Pennsylvania bound Aiden Sayen, who passed for 132 yards and rushed for 29 yards along with a 9 yard touchdown, decided to go to the ground game as their record improves 3-0 on the season behind the 202 yards rushing 2 touchdown runs 9 and 32 yards by speedster Mazlo Norwood and Matthew Moore carried for 34 yards and scored 1 touchdown run of 31 yards defeated the 0-3 Oceanside Pirates by a 30-12 score.

In the second half we didn't pound our backs against the wall as we went to our ground game which helped our offense a lot the good thing is we didn't turn the ball over throughout the game, but the main thing is that I am fine that we won and that was the key to the game." said Head Football Coach Thadd MacNeil of Carlsbad. "Mazlo Norwood is a senior and is one of my best back, after being injured is doing well ."

Mazlo Norwood running back Carlsbad with 202 yards: "This football season is different this feels like it's our last so we have to keep playing as a team." " Our team kept working off season with weights so we can get ready for football." "On my touchdown run I give a lot of credit to my offensive line they worked hard in the trenches to get the job done tonight."

Oceanside was led by running back Kavika Tua with 2 touchdowns as he carried the ball for 26 yards and scored a 6 yard touchdown along with a 20 yards touchdown reception for 60 yards total.

QB Jakob Harris Threw for 144 yards with 1 interception Miki Hardaway threw for 82 yards.

Oceanside will host St. Augustine next Friday, April 9th while Carlsbad host LaCosta Canyon kickoff is at 7 PM

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Keefer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT