Division 3: Corona del Mar 56, Grace Brethren 28
Division 5: Aquinas 21, St. Paul 16
Division 7: Temecula Valley 28, Cypress 21
Division 10: Crescenta Valley 19, Simi Valley 16
Division 11: Marina 18, Muir 9
Division 14: South Torrance 25, St. Pius X-St. Matthias 20

CITY
Open Division: Birmingham 27, Wilmington Banning 20
Remember the days when we had so much input. Half of the finals are done and nothing. I was pulling for Grace Brethren with their HC Henderson a Fontana alumnus but CDM is a great team. That QB played out of his mind. They hung around for almost 3 quarters.

Reactions: RedZone90
Remember the days when we had so much input. Half of the finals are done and nothing. I was pulling for Grace Brethren with their HC Henderson a Fontana alumnus but CDM is a great team. That QB played out of his mind. They hung around for almost 3 quarters.

I was bouncing around the streaming games enjoying the action. I was glad to see Temecula Valley win but was also pulling for Grace Brethren and Simi Valley (I've lived in SV since 1973). But the opponents for the SV teams were impressive.

I agree, the QB Garbers for CDM was very good. I knew he could throw (with targets like Humphreys) but was also impressed with his legs.

Crescenta Valley is a class act and Simi Valley did well to hang as close as they did. A dropped bomb by a SV receiver in the opening possession hurt and I think the rain hurt SV more than CV. But the better team won.

Lets hope for competitive games tonight!

I too was flipping between the two of them. Those Division 2/3 games looked good on paper but CDM and Sierra Canyon were better and played like it, I expected Chaminade to give them more of a game.

Glad to see Bert win the Championship. Temecula Valley was at the bottom of the toilet for a lot of years. I'd bet he got a lot of kids to come to TV from Chaparral and Great Oak.

The thing I found kind of funny is the loser of the matchup between Kaiser and Aquinas has won CIF titles two years in a row

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT