ADVERTISEMENT

Calvin Christian's late rally defeats Rock Academy 8-4 for Division 5AA Title

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Triton Field-University of California at San Diego-5-23-24-For the first time since 2019 when Calvin Christian lost to the Tigers of Morse 7-5, but today's game was different for the Mighty Crusaders of Calvin Christian 21-3 after trailing 4-3 after 3 innings as they came back key hits runs scored as they scored 2 in the 4th, 2 in the 5th and 1 in the 6th as they defeated a very competitive Rock Academy Warriors at 16-9 by an 8-4 score.

Stephen Johnson Head Baseball Coach at Calvin Christian: "We have been hitting well all year along with having a few key games in the last 2 days but we pulled together with timely hitting along with some good base running for the win." " Trailing 4-3 I believed in our squad in the past year we had a lot of comeback wins and I knew that we pulled things together we had a great team with a great group of guys." "Brayden Brown my pitcher recorded 14 consecutive outs for us he's been great all year and has thrown a lot of strikes along with timely pitches one of them he threw was a good off speed he had 7 more pitches left in the game on his pitch count for the limit."

Calvin Christian Batters: Caleb Hughes 2 singles 2 runs scored. Tyler Hoff 1 single 1 run scored 1 triple 1 rbi Brayden Brown 1 double 1 triple 1 single 2 runs scored.

This is Calvin Christian's First CIF San Diego Section Title since 2015 when they defeated Calapatria 7-2. 1995 lost to Holtville 5-4, 2019 lost to Morse 7-5, 2013 Defeated Julian 8-0. Their 4th San Diego Section CIF Title in School History.

The last time a school in the city of Escondido that won a CIF San Diego Section Baseball title was back in 2021 when Orange Glen defeated Escondido Charter 5-4.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT