ADVERTISEMENT

Bosco vs DLS Under Different Circumstances

Feb 28, 2011
Boy, is the SJB qb talented. Kudos!! I wonder, though, f both teams just used the players they had on campus their freshmen years and brought in no transfers. DLS would be about the same. SJB; well, I would say what, half the offense and defense would be without the transfers.

Both schools have a GREAT advantage in that they can cherry pick players from all around their areas, but SJB adds to that by bringing in multiple players after their freshmen year.

That really is a shame.

No - It’s not a shame. It’s called freedom of choice. If parents feel SJB is the best place for their kid’s education and athletic experience, so be it. FYI - the SJB quarterback was not a transfer. He went all four years there.

Interesting how until 8-9 years ago SJB not a power. Then I guess "freedom of choice" just appeared at SJB. Interesting too that their wholesale transfers, like MD, can happen when a player has completed his sophomore or even junior year at another school. A few years ago a player transferred in to MD or SJB, I forget which, played the fall season for his senior year, and then went back to his old high school to graduate. That is real "freedom of choice".

Of course, go back to a Oct. 20, 2019 article by writer Eric Sondheimer that explains how a 2012 legal case forced the CIF to change their rules on transfers. Since then, both SJB and MD have raised transfer to a new art.

Go to https://www.latimes.com/sports/high...w-mater-dei-and-st-john-bosco-became-dominant.

Any accolades for coach Negro or Rollison are totally bogus, especially since Rollison was 0-4 vs. DLS until the new transfer rules were forced on the CIF.

Reactions: RidgeRider
Everything you posted is public information. LOL. You’re a real investigative reporter. You even quote Eric who is on record as hating So Cal private school programs. Funny how the butt hurt DLS fans can’t handle getting whooped in the championship game. You still have your annual Nor Cal cakewalk to help your feelings heal.

Everything you posted is public information. LOL. You’re a real investigative reporter. You even quote Eric who is on record as hating So Cal private school programs. Funny how the butt hurt DLS fans can’t handle getting whooped in the championship game. You still have your annual Nor Cal cakewalk to help your feelings heal.
Please don't allow Son of Mtnjohn to represent all DLS fans. DLS has had their share of CIF SBG domination. If fact, it speaks well to have worthy challenges to the DLS program year after year. These things go in cycles and generally DLS has stood up well in the cycle test. Additionally, we, as CA HSFB fans, have able to claim national titles more often with the rise of Trinity.

I am only pointing out the cause and effect of the 2012 legal rulings that have allowed SJB and MD to run roughshod over the transfer rules. Do we all really want to see those programs win in that way?

I am only pointing out the cause and effect of the 2012 legal rulings that have allowed SJB and MD to run roughshod over the transfer rules. Do we all really want to see those programs win in that way?
What difference does it make? Private schools have always taken advantage of an unlimited recruiting platform one way or the other. Somehow DLS just happens to win by magic in No Cal I guess. MD and SJB are just better at recruiting mercenary teams. Don't you just love getting beat by what benefits DLS beating teams out there?

One big difference; DLS brings in players from all over, lke MD and SJB, but DLS brings them in starting their freshmen year. MD and SJB supplement their incoming freshmen by getting transfers who are sophomores or juniors at other high schools.

Why they started doing this was because under the old system they could never beat DLS.

One big difference; DLS brings in players from all over, lke MD and SJB, but DLS brings them in starting their freshmen year. MD and SJB supplement their incoming freshmen by getting transfers who are sophomores or juniors at other high schools.

Oh, cut it out! But the public's in your area don't get the benefits that DLS gets do they? So when some other private school team's benefits more and it's not a level playing field for DLS in your eyes you don't like it? That's laughable.

[QUOTE="Son of Mtnjohn, post: 11975, member:

Why they started doing this was because under the old system they could never beat DLS.[/QUOTE]

Wrong. That’s an oft-repeated fairytale by DLS fans. Trinity League teams prepare and plan for each other, not DLS. They must win the Southern Section first before they worry about DLS. DLS on the other hand, already knows their state bowl game ticket is punched, and are already scheming for Mater Dei and Bosco a year from now...and I wouldn’t be surprised if a team like Servite or Cen10 shock MD or SJB and make it to the state championship game next year.

Reactions: THEOC89
Transferring has already started as CC has picked up a top senior RB from New York via Narbonne,

Hey RedZone 90, we know the Trinity League teams prep to win the Southern Section. All I said was that Rollison must have gotten tired of have his a__ kicked by DLS for 4 straight years with the tons of D1 talent he had back then.

And by the way, the article in the LA Times came out October of this year. The legal ruling against the CIF is not really old news. That article just reminded us all of how SLB and MD can now leagally cheat to be the best.

I don't imagine any really knowledgeable hs fb fans would ever put Rollison and Negro anywhere in the same league as Ladouceur.

The guy DIV5 is referring to is Seven McGee. The Oregon running back commit who did his freshman year at Grace Brethren and spent a little time at Narbonne and the past two years at East High in Rochester New York is back in California. Matt Logan confirmed to Eric Paul Johnson of the Press Enterprise he is enrolled at Centennial.

Transferring is already starting.

Hey RedZone 90, we know the Trinity League teams prep to win the Southern Section. All I said was that Rollison must have gotten tired of have his a__ kicked by DLS for 4 straight years with the tons of D1 talent he had back then.

And by the way, the article in the LA Times came out October of this year. The legal ruling against the CIF is not really old news. That article just reminded us all of how SLB and MD can now leagally cheat to be the best.

I don't imagine any really knowledgeable hs fb fans would ever put Rollison and Negro anywhere in the same league as Ladouceur.

You’re really starting to embarrass yourself. Just take your annual So Cal azz whoopin’ like a man, quit crying, and go help DLS recruit some 8th graders.

You’re really starting to embarrass yourself. Just take your annual So Cal azz whoopin’ like a man, quit crying, and go help DLS recruit some 8th graders.
Yeah and before that the
Canyon Country beat DLS in 2007 27-13. They were hardly the juggernaut MD, SJB and LBP and so many other SS teams have been. That was before those so called rules changes. No way in hell they had that 151 game win streak playing outside their area. Remember when they used to brag how well coached they were, the weight program, their execution, everything was superior about their program? That's why they won they said. They won because they stole all the talent. Now he's accusing SJB and MD of doing that. Yup, they sure do and DLS does the same. Their superiority has been put to rest by their annual shelling in these state bowl games.

^^^ Agreed. Centennial beat DLS in a state game too.
Yes, but Centennial has and still is an exceptional program. Canyon Country wasn't to the caliber and still beat them. I just don't want to hear that bull that the rules are different for someone else that they themselves have always benefited by. DLS is a power because their cupboards are restocked every year pure and simple.

Reactions: RedZone90
Yes, but Centennial has and still is an exceptional program. Canyon Country wasn't to the caliber and still beat them. I just don't want to hear that bull that the rules are different for someone else that they themselves have always benefited by. DLS is a power because their cupboards are restocked every year pure and simple.

No doubt about that!

The below was posted above. Big difference in that DLS got the talent from their players starting as freshmen. MD and SJB stock up with transfers. That is they only way they could beat DLS. And as far as shellings, I think the last two yearss DLS put up a real battle vs. the all star transfer teams from the south.

"They won because they stole all the talent. Now he's accusing SJB and MD of doing that. Yup, they sure do and DLS does the same. Their superiority has been put to rest by their annual shelling in these state bowl games."

ADVERTISEMENT