ADVERTISEMENT

??

I just received a press release from the CIF-SS and it states in part:

"As August leaves and September begins, there have hopefully been some developments moving us forward in the effort to resume our sports programs. Member schools are now conducting conditioning workouts on their campuses following the appropriate health and safety guidelines recommended by state and local health authorities.

As these workouts continue to take place at more and more of our member schools, and prove to be done successfully, that is certainly a positive step in the right direction. I want to thank our principals, athletic directors and coaches for their ongoing commitment in guiding our student-athletes through these challenging times in a healthy and safe way.

We must continue to vigorously follow the advice of our health professionals as we navigate through the critical weeks and months ahead as things hopefully open up even more.

You have no doubt heard that there are some states around our nation who have begun their Fall seasons of sport, including allowing spectators in the stands. I have been asked if that makes us in the Southern Section and California feel we are being left behind.

Quite the contrary, as I believe the lessons learned from the experiences in other states can be applied to the time period we have available to us prior to the beginning of our 2020-2021 Sports Calendars and will provide valuable information to us for what lies ahead. "

I think its coming back in January. It won't be full houses like Texas is doing a 50% attendance cap for games, other states are rolling like I've watched ESPN HS games from Utah, Tennessee, Florida with big time games and packed stadiums.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT