ADVERTISEMENT

West Valley Division Rankings Week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctrk

Sep 14, 2004
At some point this division has to settle in, right?
So let's do a little recap from the first two games of the year
We have the preseason #1 ranked team, Mission Viejo at 0-2, who have only scored 14 points to start the year.
Upland has outscored its first two opponents 114- 0.
Hart is also 0-2.
Tesoro lost to La Mirada to start the then beats ranked Chaparral this past week and now travels to Upland
Is El Toro a contender in the SCL? or will they be exposed?
The top Sunset teams haven't played anybody yet, until this week.
There are a lot of good, balanced teams in the WVD. it does make it tough to rank at times.

out of our Top 10 are Mission Viejo and Hart.
You win you move up / stay put, you lose you move down.

1. (1) Vista Murrieta (1-0) It was difficult to keep the Broncos at #1 after there less than stellar opening performance against Downey, but they did win. Banged up and all VM travels to Loomis to face Del Oro (0-2)

2. (2) Upland pitched another shut out, this time against Redondo (0-2), winning 43-0. To open 2014 the Scotts have outscored opponents 114-0 !! Now it gets a tad tougher for Upland as Tesoro comes to town. Next: #9 Tesoro (1-1)

3. (4) Valencia (1-0) The Vikes beat up on Palmdale 44-21 to open up the year. Valencia was lead by QB Cole Parkinson and all everything Jay Jay Wilson. Huge assignment this week for Valencia. Next: Chaminade (2-0)

4. (7) Rancho Cucamonga (2-0) In a tale of 2 games RC came from behind to beat Norco, 42-41 with less than 2 minutes remaining. Rancho had leads of 14-0 and led 24-14 at the half. The third quarter and the beginning of the 4th quarter was all Norco, as Norco scored 27 unanswered points to lead 41-24. Next: @ Amat (2-0)

5. (8) El Toro (2-0) ET beat Capo Valley 34-28 to move to 2-0. Was this weeks game on the chargers minds? Next: Corona Del Mar (2-0)

6. (nr) Los(t) Al (1-0) LA opens with a laugher over an outclassed Paramount team, 41-9. LA should have somewhat tougher this week. Next: Eastlake (Chula Vista) (1-1)

7. (nr) Edison (3-0) Edison enters the Top 10 for the first time with a 35-6 victory over LA Garfield. Edison's opponents combined record is 0-6. The next 2 weeks gets rough, but first...Next: Servite (1-1)

8. (9) Great Oak (2-0) The Pack had to be overlooking King to this weeks opponent. GO only beat King 27-21. They better bring their A game this week people. Next: Rancho Verde (2-0)

9.(nr) Tesoro (1-1) after a shocking opening loss to La Mirada, Tesoro got back on track by beating then #3 Chaparral at home, 24-19. Which Tesoro team shows up this week? Next: @ #2 Upland (2-0)

10. (3) Chaparral (1-1) Tough loss for the Pumas on the road as they lost to #9 Tesoro 24-19. Even in HS football its tough to win on the road against quality competition. It doesn't get any easier at home this week for Chappy as Oceanside (2-0) rolls into town.

others:

Etiwanda (1-0-1) routed Colton 52-0 Travels to Norco (0-1) this week.
Chino Hills (1-1) Lost to J Serra (2-0) 45-21. Should annihilate Roosevelt (0-2)
Hart (0-2) Find a defense, geez. Should get well this week. Paraclete (0-2)
Mission Viejo (0-2) What if / happens.....La Habra (1-1) comes in and shuts it down?
Fountain Valley (2-0) good test this week vs Trabuco Hills (0-2)

Great work doc. Love your weekly ratings/analysis.

By the way, one of the games Californiapreps will cover this weekend is Tesoro at Upland. We'll have a full game report with all the team and individual stats.

Doc,

That Rancho/Bishop Amat game should be pretty good. They have 2 big time juniors and a solid senior on a team that just went to Texas and beat a powerhouse team.

Every other poll moved VM down after that narrow escape over Downey.

I think RC will beat Amat.
Amat's only strong point in the scrimmage with Upland was their run defense.

Vista plays north of Sacramento against traditionally a solid Del Oro team. They aren't that great this year but still solid, Vista should win.

So far the West Valley Division has been a disappointment with Hart, Mission Viejo and Tesoro not are good as advertised. I guess the Upland vs Mater Dei game will tell the tale if the West Valley Division is any good. If Upland can stay at least close to MD it would improve the current rep of the league of being overrated.

Still sticking with 0-2 VM who just got beat by a weak Del Oro at #1?

I guess you'll just have to wait and see.

figures you'd make a comment like that.

upland was ranked too high...overrated...

why aren't you commenting on the 'other' board?

im sure the fellas miss you.

you're on here and prepca, but not on scpreps?

hmmmmm...wonder why not ????

Obvious.

That board is a waste of time.

Nothing but juvenile round and round and round and round bickering.

Look up the definition of insane.

That Del Oro team is ok, I'm definitely not as impressed after watching that game tape, Vista just blew that game.

Doc, didn't you say Upland was overated last season right before they beat 9-0 Rancho Cucamonga 24-6?

Tesoro is a very good team and Upland had an off night.........a bad first half.

Originally posted by 7Steel:
Doc, didn't you say Upland was overated last season right before they beat 9-0 Rancho Cucamonga 24-6?

Tesoro is a very good team and Upland had an off night.........a bad first half.
sounds like excuses to me...

oh please...no I didn't...

want to know what I said?

1. (1) Rancho Cucamonga (4-0 9-0) RC took it to Alta Loma in their final Baseline matchup, winning 44-7. This is the week weve been waiting for all year, RC vs Upland @ upland. RC needs this win t be the out-right Baseline champs, Upland needs this win to possibly be the leagues #1, which would be a better seeding. Bad blood with these two Inland Heavyweights. Cant wait. Next: Upland (3-1 6-3)

4. (5) Upland (3-1 6-3) upland held on to defeat Etiwanda 26-19 to give itself a shot at beating league leading RC at home this Friday. The Scots have had great success through the air all year, this is the week they need it. U hi has the WR's and TE to give RC a run here.

so there you have it.
funny you always assume.
this past week I did question ? is upland overrated? from that performance...and after winning your first two games by over a 100 points combined...

This post was edited on 9/17 5:18 PM by doctrk

I am gonna agree with dock, 7rock dont come on this board and start smack, keep it about good hs games. If you want to talk smack, go back to ss's board, Im sure those guys miss your banter.

I don't frequent other boards so don't know who's bantering with who. But I've sensed some obvious history with 7Steel and we've communicated privately and he's said he's on this board to avoid the negativity found elsewhere. He made some comments when he first started posting here and I deleted some of it, which was personal stuff. But we're cool now and I haven't seen anything off base in this thread.

Hold on a second white n rite.

Doc called Upland overrated, but I'm the one talking smack?

Explain to me how your brain came to that conclusion?

Calpreps projects it 44-3 MD.

Ps. Doc, I don't care what you wrote the week before RC got whooped by Upland.
After we lost to MD and OC, you said Upland was overrated.

Ps steel, i said upland was in over their heads vs MD after they whooped you guys and said youd have your hands full w oaks as well. Then they slapped you guys.
With all talk you wre doing before last season on how great upland is and would beat MD, oaks , etc...
You can stop now, geez...

With the addtion of all of the transfers the last 4 plus years and only semi finalist appearences as well as giving up 86 points and national record yardage...what would you call it ????

We were blown out by amat last week and neary an excuse here. Just the facts.

Stop trying to stir stuff up.

Provide some input, add to the conversation, instead stirring up nonsense.

This isnt what it used to be, blogging, its time to move on.

Originally posted by 7Steel:
Calpreps projects it 44-3 MD.

Ps. Doc, I don't care what you wrote the week before RC got whooped by Upland.
After we lost to MD and OC, you said Upland was overrated.
Youre contrdicting yourself as you stated that i supposedly said upland is overrated the week before that game.
make up your mind would you.

You are wrong about too many things to mention.

Yes, you did say Upland was overrated after losing to MD.

I have NEVER predicted an Upland game, so you are wtong again saying I picked Upland to beat MD or Oaks
The ONLY game I have ever predicted was SJB over DLS.........and I was right.

Upland was the underdog last season to MD and Oaks.

They are the underdogs to MD and St. Bonney this season, and were about an even pick with Tesoro........who is a very good team.

Remind me now........and the week before Upland plays RC.........why Upland is overrated.

Anyways... whats happening to the BL, I expected that to be considered 1 of the top leagues in the SS. Always so much talent in that league, and with Chino Hills added,now at least 1 loss in each teams column, well a tie for Eti... Tough scheduling?

This thread is getting redundant and has run its course. Let's talk about this weekend's games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT