ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday's Regional playoff game between Archbishop Riordan and Inderkum ended early because of "unsportsmanlike conduct."

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
Per CIF press release:

The CIF Division I Northern California Regional Boys Basketball Quarterfinal contest on Thursday, March 2 between Inderkum and Archbishop Riordan was ended by the officials following unsportsmanlike conduct during the contest. The CIF State Office reviewed the game footage, along with the officials' game report, and issues the following:

• Officials ended the game with 1:15 remaining on the scoreboard due to unsportsmanlike conduct. The result of the game, 61-52 Archbishop Riordan, is final.
• Eligible players from Archbishop Riordan will advance to the March 4 Division I NorCal Boys Basketball Semifinal against Granada High School.
• Granada High School will host the March 4 Division I NorCal Boys Basketball Semifinal.
• The CIF State Office, CIF-Central Coast Section, and CIF Sac-Joaquin Section offices are continuing to work with Inderkum and Archbishop Riordan administrations regarding student-athlete game suspensions.
• The CIF State Office, CIF-Central Coast Section, and CIF Sac-Joaquin Section offices are working cooperatively on additional sanctions that may be levied on both member schools due to the serious nature of this unsportsmanlike conduct.

At this time there will be no further comment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT