ADVERTISEMENT

Steinberg out ?

doctrk

Sep 14, 2004
Heard that Steinberg is out as Santiago head coach and is rumored to take over at Rancho Verde?

Any clue on who would take over? There's a lot of kids attending CS, but with CC right up the street...

That rumor is true. I have no idea who takes over.

I first heard that rumor about Jeff in the summer, coach this year/Barnett's senior year and then try to see what the landscape is.

Santiago announced the hire of Scott Morrison today. The former Damien coach that I know very well is an alright hire. He is a good coach definitely not as good as Steinberg.

The biggest problem Morrison has is he is a one man show. That might work at Workman (7-23?) or LP but it was a problem for him at Damien and definitely will be at Santiago. He needs to hire coaches, let them coach, and not try to run the whole thing by himself or he will be 2 and done. I'm sure his long history with Mitchell was a huge factor in him getting the job.

I am very interested to see how Scott does, he had a few good years at his alma mater Damien then was axed and has done ok at LP. That Santiago job is definitely a challenge, no Blake Barnett and all the wide receivers on offense alone and that team was 6-5.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT