ADVERTISEMENT

Some Interesting Games This Week

King Marques I

Nov 18, 2002
Vista Murrieta at Norco...Two of the better programs in the IE going head to head...The Cougars have scored 111 points in two games...The Broncos have given up just 18 in the same time frame...Who will get the better of whom?...Can Norco impose their offensive will against a highly touted defense?

Murrieta Valley at Roosevelt...What's going on at Roosevelt?...0-3 against a marginally difficult schedule, but past experience says they should have been more competitive vs. their opponents...The Mustangs dropped those three games by a 3-TD average...Murrieta Valley has started the season 2-0 winning handily two games that they should win...This match-up is a better gauge of where they are at this point in the season.

Temecula Valley at Norte Vista...Norte Vista is a well coached hard nosed bunch...This could be one of Coach Batdorf's better goups...Will the ground and pound, time consuming offense keep Coach Esposito's high flying Golden Bears on the sidelines and out of rhythm?...Has Temecula Valley taken the next step in becoming a serious threat in the Southwestern?...If so, this one may be a route...If not, look out for the Braves.

Citrus Valley at La Quinta...Back to Back shut outs gives evidence that Coach Bruich's Blackhawks may have finally turned the corner from middle of the pack to league title contender...But it is the Blackhawks of La Quinta that has me including this game in this post...How far of a slide has this program taken?...It makes me wonder if the ghost of Lock N Load is rolling uncomfortably through the torment that this season is turning into for his beloved La Quinta.

King Marques I said:
But it is the Blackhawks of La Quinta that has me including this game in this post...How far of a slide has this program taken?...It makes me wonder if the ghost of Lock N Load is rolling uncomfortably through the torment that this season is turning into for his beloved La Quinta.

I'll have to ask Lock (I call him that on his Facebook page) what he thinks. But he moved to Orange County years ago so maybe doesn't follow La Quinta much anymore. Didn't Bruich coach them back in the day? They had a running back that went to San Diego St. and maybe a cup of coffee in the NFL, can't remember his name. Lock and his Blackhawk friend Josh (can't remember his username on the board) were big fans of his.

Similar thing occurred to me in reverse. I am a graduate of La Quinta in Westminster. When I moved from O.C. to Riverside, I lost touch with my Aztecs, especially after they declined in the 90s.

I check on them every so often, but my passion for them has declined.

Lock N Load was a good dude to have on this board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2i Tech
That Vista Murrieta at Norco game should be interesting. A pair of 2-0 teams. Also just the sight of Norco legend Toby Gerhart on the other sidelines in Vista Murrieta gear will be weird. His dad Todd is on staff with the Broncos. Mark Tennis of CalHiSports posted a pic of Toby last week at their win in Sacramento at Capital Christian.

I used to think Gerhart rhymed with Norco

So, What do you think bjbrandon:

Does Norco have it in them?
Or
Will Vista Murrieta get just enough stops?

I think I like Norco. That offense as you stated is rolling averaging 55 points a game. Illingsworth is really good, he would be getting more hype nationally/state wide in most years but this year is pretty deep at the top with top dual threat qb in the country in Bryce Young, the top overall player in DJ along with other talented guys like Garbers, Stroud, and Butterfield in the Bay Area.

I'll have to ask Lock (I call him that on his Facebook page) what he thinks. But he moved to Orange County years ago so maybe doesn't follow La Quinta much anymore. Didn't Bruich coach them back in the day? They had a running back that went to San Diego St. and maybe a cup of coffee in the NFL, can't remember his name. Lock and his Blackhawk friend Josh (can't remember his username on the board) were big fans of his.
Speaking of Dick Bruich of Fontana. I don't believe he coached the RB you're speaking of. If that's Fontana that would be Reuben Henderson who is now a doctor in Michigan. He was coached by John Tyree. He played 2 years each for the Chicago Bears and San Diego Chargers. He was a family friend back then.

Reactions: doctrk
Speaking of Dick Bruich of Fontana. I don't believe he coached the RB you're speaking of. If that's Fontana that would be Reuben Henderson who is now a doctor in Michigan. He was coached by John Tyree. He played 2 years each for the Chicago Bears and San Diego Chargers. He was a family friend back then.
For some reason I was mixing up Bruich with Dan Armstrong, but the running back I was referring to is Frederick Collins of La Quinta/San Diego State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT