ADVERTISEMENT

Private schools win arbitration hearing over CIF

bjbrandon

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
Ventura St. Bonaventure, Westlake Village Oaks Christian, La Verne Damien and Glendora St. Lucy's have won their arbitration cases against the CIF Southern Section and will remain in their current sports areas for the upcoming re-leaguing cycle from 2014-18.

It will force the Northern Area, Mt. SAC and parochial areas to meet again and start over their re-leaguing process. Those areas had already created new leagues without the four schools.
Eric.sondheimer@latimes.com

I say I am shocked by this ruling is an understatement. I talked to one of the Damien attorney's and someone in the OC/St.B camp last week and they didn't seem as confident as you would expect. This brings a new leaguing process for each school.

I've heard that rumor because they are already in the Inland Division. I have also heard a rumor of Damien, Bonita, Charter Oak, West Covina, Diamond Ranch, and South Hills in a league just 6 teams from the San Gabriel Valley.

no way Damien should be lumped in with south hills, west co, and bonita.
diamond ranch and charter oak have a better shot at Damien then the other 3.

Damien did get sent to the Baseline League joining Chino Hills, Upland, Los Osos, Rancho Cucamonga, and Etiwanda. That is a pretty good league especially in basketball and baseball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT