ADVERTISEMENT

New message boards

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
Rivals has started changing over to new message boards on some of the national boards and soon Californiapreps will be getting a makeover too.

Here's some info I copied and pasted:

Here are some of the new Features & Benefits for
the new
Rivals.com Message Boards:

1. They are a responsive design[/B]; meaning, they were designed for desktop, tablets and
mobile - all in one design and all at the same URL. No need to go to a different
address to get the proper version for your device

2. They have a modern, secure and actively maintained
framework built for speed & stability

3. There will be no[/B] limit
on Thread History, so you can reference old topics or replies at any
time

4. There is Private Messaging,
Social Profiles and Rich(er) Content - embeddable video, embeddable Tweets,
etc

5. You now can set up alerts[/B] and follow
users [/B]so you don't miss replies to topics you're participating in or miss
great posts from your favorite users. In yourNews
Feed[/B] you'll be able to see all of the topics, users, and content that you
wish to follow.

6. Dynamic
quoting system [/B]so what you select within a thread can be quoted without
copying and pasting any code. You select what you want to quote and click Reply
over that selection, and it will be put automatically in your reply. You can
quote multiple posts[/B] and automatic
quoting[/B] is set up so that you can always follow the conversation with a user
forgetting to quote.

7. Improved navigation[/B] and search[/B]: quickly jump to the first unread post in a
thread or to the top and bottom of each thread. Advanced search features include
by keyword, date or thread title.

May I contribute to this site regarding some San Diego State Aztecs athletic events

Last edited:
Can you make arrangements for me with San Diego State University to write stories on your website? David A. Willauer

Last edited:
I would like you to e mail me at dawvoice3@gmail.com so we can talk and to get in touch for you to get a hold of Mike May the Media Relations Director at San Diego State so I can cover their football and basketball games for you site along with the Pac 12 Football Media Day on July 30th and 31st. I would like to use you for contact purposes and will go from there.

David A. Willauer

Can you mail me a rivals media pass once when processed I'll send you my picture?

Dave

Last edited:
Kyle Williams ready for 3rd season at Fallbrook High

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Fallbrook High School-Fallbrook, CA-Monday, August, 24, 2015-In his first year as head coach at Fallbrook High, the Warriors finished with a 3-8 record in 2013 but in his second season and for the first time in school history in 11 years Kyle Williams guided the Warriors to a 7-4 along with their first Valley League title in the first round was defeated in the CIF First Round San Diego Section playoffs by Granite Hills 38-7 on the Warriors home field. The last time Fallbrook had their last winning season was in 2003 where they won the Avocado League Title under former coach Dennis Houldren as they finished with a 10-4 record and were defeated in Qualcolm Stadium by Torrey Pines 7-3.

With a career record of 10-12 Coach Williams discussed his squad for 2015 "We had our first winning season for the first time in 11 years along with a Valley League title our players are confident and talented as we return a lot of starters who are solid seniors and talented kids who are juniors we feel as long as we're competitive we will play our best football this season the schools that we play are good there are no easy games for our squad as we need to play well in order for us to be successful."

"One of the talented backs the Warriors return in Parker Martin is a returning transfer back for us this year after his family was stationed in Alaska for the last 2 years is an runner for us he also ran a 4.6 in the 40 yard dash his speed is smooth and powerful."

"Up front the Warriors return 6'4" 250 pound sr and All Valley League football player and starts on both sides of the ball for us Colin Dowling." said Williams." At qb will be Jack Grantham, with a good arm for us and hope to counter our running game along with his ability to throw the ball which we didn't do." "With an array of backs who are looking to run and to score touchdowns we return James Nicholas a very explosive running back for us last season as he ran key plays for us and also doubles on the corners on whoever their best receiver is we also return James Nicholas and Isaac Maxwell is a 6'3" tight ends doubles as a defensive end for and is a strong down blocker but his hands are questionable we have to continue to make sure that he is punting the ball and receiving the ball we are not waste a play."

"Some teams to watch out for in the Valley League are Escondido as they put their game in the league as they suffered a lot of injuries last year and their record didn't reflect their talent level, San Pasqual 2 years ago played for the CIF Division I finals they are going to be good Valley Center has won 4 or 6 CIF Championships in the last 11 years those three teams that we have to battle every week it is going to be close and competitive you can't disregard Orange Glen they have won 6 games last year outside of the conference their improving which helps their kids every game for us is going to be difficult."

"We open up against Westview High School which is a very talented team they are a bigger division then what we are they are big up front on both sides of the ball they have skilled and big receivers their qb is athletic they don't want to try to throw the ball far down the field but they are more of an intermediate passing game they want to hammer the ball with their backs and want their athletic quarterback to run the ball we feel like on defense where we can stop the run don't give up any plays."

"Our offense runs the Wing T formation it started I was a defensive coordinator for 16 years the team that I had most respect in the county was Torrey Pines they run the wing t they made me study that offensive play as I knew someday we are going to run the Wing T this offensive formation has so many elements which is power football and you can go outside look for the action pass it is a do what you want offense as long as you stick with the rules it is the offense that Fallbrook used to run in the early 2000's when we had good years when they won their last title in 2003 and when I got the job as head coach this school is built for the Wing T we wanted to get get rid of the spread offense the Wing T offense fits our guys as our school had tried to run we are not going to be the biggest team on the field we are going to be the most conditioned and the most athletic we want to fire our offensive on all cylinders in the 4th quarter."

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Excalibur Field-San Marcos High School-San Marcos, CA: After 24 years head coach John Carroll announced his retirement and finished with a career record of 224 wins 70 losses and 6 ties along with a lot of sectional titles along with 2 state titles added to his credentials after 8 years as an assistant coach Dave Rodriguez was named the new head coach of the Pirates and made his debut along with jr quarterback Max Shufer who pulled some tricks out of the rabbits hat after trailing 3-0 on a Miles Liss 33 yard field goal completed 1 pass for 15 yards to wide receiver Dai Quan Cook to take a 7-3 halftime. In the 3rd quarter the Knights of San Marcos struck back in the as Ty Rogers as he carried the ball 14 times for 50 yards scored a touchdown run of 3 yards to take a 7-3 lead. Pirate QB Tyler Shiffer 10 completions out of 24 attempts for 237 yards threw 3 more touchdown passes 2 to Taj Apadaca for 36 yards (Apadaca 5 receptions for 83 yards)and 1 to Jake Gerardi for 14 yards (Gerardi 5 touchdowns for 83 yards)
"San Marcos is a good team they played well and gave us a battle and it was a hard fought game." said Tyler Shiffer qb of the Pirates. "I'm glad we came out with the win after trailing 10-7 early in the third quarter on my first pass of 18 yards to Dai Quan Cook was a play that I used as San Marcos Terrell Burgess battled well on defense, the play was there and we got it done." "On the 2 36 yard passes to Taj Apadaca it was the same rout that I didn't throw on time but I'm glad that he was there and we executed the play very well for the my last touchdown pass to Jake Gerardi of 14 yards it was a goal line play their safety was playing on the opposite side of the field a free snap I knew that touchdown play was coming."

Dave Rodriguez on his debut as head coach: "It's a great team win for Oceanside Pirate football our kids played their hearts out at first it was a tight game that went nip and tuck but some way some how a Pirate makes a play I was very proud as our kids believe that we instill it in them every single day they delivered tonight I'm proud of that." "Tyler Schiffer made his debut and for a while had a shaky start then he made adjustments and settled down as he let the game come for him and the numbers speak for themselves as he performed well." "Dyllan Mack my running back ran well as our kids to the right and to the left to the strength of their team they lean on one another before that the effort is for the offensive line up front great game plan with Coach Girardi with the run game and keeping those chains moving and gave us a chance to be successful on defense as my defensive coordinator put up a special game plan to stop the run and the pass as I stay out of their way it is the responsibility of my defensive coordinator as he helped the kids put good pressure up front and our defensive coverage was outstanding we won on the turnovers our defense really stepped up tonight we will enjoy and the rest of the week we go back to work as we prepare for Eastside Catholic they are a national program we will be excited to test ourselves against one of the best teams in the United States"

With the win the Oceanside Pirates improve to 1-0 and will host Eastside Catholic out of Sammmish, WA the defending state football champions in a Friday 8:00 pm Honor Bowl contest at Oceanside High School. San Marcos 0-1 will host Chula Vista on Friday, September 2 at home.

For the Knights of San Marcos qb Bryce Bollen 20 completions out of 35 attempts with 2 interceptions for 245 yards. Terrell Burgess 5 receptions for 94 yards and Hoby Teets 4 receptions for 63 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT