ADVERTISEMENT

How is the Passing Season Progressing?

King Marques I

Nov 18, 2002
I have not been out and about much this spring.

Who have you seen that looks good? Who have you seen that needs improvement?

Who has surprised? Who has disappointed?

The Culver City Centaurs went 7-0 in the Western High School passing tournament. Defeating Garden Grove, Esperanza and Villa Park. They defeated, San Gorgonio, Muir High and hosts Western High in the championship game to become tournament champions for the second year in a row.

Last edited:
The Culver City Centaurs went 7-0 in the Western High School passing tournament. Defeating Garden Grove, Esperanza and Villa Park. They defeated Muir High and hosts Western High in the championship game to become tournament champions for the second year in a row.

Were they CIF Sectional Champions last season as well ?

Western were the CIFss Division 11 champions, They lost in the Southern regional to San Gorgonio who were the CIFss Division 9 champions and went on to win state Division 5-AA. Culver City were the CIFss Divison 7 champions and lost in the 3-AA state southern regional to Lincoln of San Diego by a score of 54-42.

The Culver City Centaurs won the El Rancho passing tournament by beating South Hills, last years CIFss Division 6 champions, in the championship game. South Hills has moved up to Division 4 for this coming season while the Centaurs will be in Division 5.

doctrk, I am sure you probably saw that Diamond Ranch beat Upland to win the Bonita Air Assault. Culver City lost to Diamond Ranch then went on to win the consolation bracket.

The Culver City Centaurs host their own passing tournament at Culver City High this Saturday. 16 teams are participating, including North Torrance who made it to the CIFss Div 9 semi-finals last year, Palos Verdes who made it to the CIFss Div 5 finals last year, Antelope Valley who was eliminated from the CIFss Div 5 playoffs by the eventual champion. And Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT