ADVERTISEMENT

Here's the Californiapreps.com Preseason Top 10

Dave Keefer

Jul 4, 2001
Brandon Tatera will update the top 10 each week and will also have weekly previews of the top games to watch.

Here's Brandon's preseason top 10. Subscribers can click on the link for the full version that includes an extensive evaluation of each team and its top players:

1. Anaheim Servite
The rise of a 6-6 team to the top team in Southern California might be the first in sometime. The youthful Friars grew while they were taking their lumps in the 2013 season.

2. Bellflower St. John Bosco
The 16-0 top team in California in 2013 from start to finish opens up at #2 in the preseason in 2014.

3. Long Beach Poly
The Jackrabbits enter 2014 with the usual high expectations but with a new coach in 9 year NFL veteran Antonio
Pierce
4. Santa Ana Mater Dei
Bruce Rollinson's Monarchs are the top team in Orange County.

5. Gardena Serra
The Cavaliers are loaded once again.
6. Corona Centennial
The top team in the Inland Empire is once again Matt Logan's Huskies.
7. Westlake Village Westlake
The Warriors return 15 underclassmen starters (8 on offense and 7 defense) from a Marmonte League Champion team.

8. Mission Hills Alemany
The Serra League Co-Champion Warriors are a favorite in the new league.

9. Ventura St. Bonaventure
The Seraphs return arguably the top trio of offensive players in Southern California.

10. Upland
The Highlanders return 16 of 22 starters.

This post was edited on 8/27 12:54 AM by Dave Keefer

Full article for subscribers

that's a nice list. good job Brandon with the team summaries.
looking to see if servite can live up to Brandon's ranking.
sign of the times? or business as usual, as the list is dominated by the private schools.
in looking at the players listed at upland, not one is home grown upland talent.
3 of the players listed are former rancho Cucamonga players.
this is the year upland needs to get it done.

Doc, I completely see what you see mean now regarding Upland, but Isn't Tilford home grown? I'd figure him because he is just a sophomore, everyone else I know is a transfer.

Servite/Gorman is huge this week, BG just rolled a premier team from Arizona last week, I can't wait to see them at De La Salle.

Centennial/Mater Dei is interesting on Friday, 2 new quarterbacks in a big game.

Brandon,

tillford went to our middle school in Fontana. he should be going to Etiwanda.

the jr WR porter should be at los osos, he too went to our middle school, but lives up the hill in rancho.

oh god, here we go.
nobodys crying.
pointing out factual information.
you guys (upland) have a solid team this year.
this is the year you need to get it done.
I thought you (steel) were involved with the FBI's witness protection program lol
2 cupcakes to start the year off for ya's and then it gets fun. good luck, seriously

Witness protection, lol!

Nope, just went up north again for two months for another job out in the boonies with no cell or internet again, unless I went into town on the weekends.
Got back in late June, but did not miss the boards and all the redundent arguing, so decided to stay off till the season started.

Yes, Knight is a pure cupcake, but Redondo is an average team.
Tesoro is a good team, and MD and St. Bonney are in the elite teams catagory.

Here's to all the Baseline teams doing well in non-league games.

No way Servite should be #1.

I doubt that they will make it past the 2nd round of playoffs.

.......and BnP is a creepy little stalker.

Living rent free in his tiny little brain.

Tilford should have been at Etiwanda, but his mom wanted him nowhere near that school. She basically told him he could go anywhere he wanted and she would make it happen.

She also works close to Upland High.

Both Tilford boys love Upland High.
Little Tilford is my youngest sons best friend on the JV team.
Upland was the logical choice.

I would like to hear your........and docs.......reasoning that the Tilford's should be at Etiwanda?
Going to Etiwanda would have been a burden on the family.

Originally posted by 7Steel:
She also works close to Upland High.

Both Tilford boys love Upland High.
Little Tilford is my youngest sons best friend on the JV team.
Upland was the logical choice.

I would like to hear your........and docs.......reasoning that the Tilford's should be at Etiwanda?
Going to Etiwanda would have been a burden on the family.
reasoning? cmon man...

I too know little tillford...good kid, smart too...
a bus ride or a little walk is all would take to get to E Hi.
it was ultimately the parents choice.
no need to go any further.

With all due respect to you Steel, I'm going to delete your references to BnP. I don't frequent other boards but I checked out your link and it didn't take long to see we don't need any interaction on this board with BnP and his buddies on the other board.That kind of personal stuff isn't welcome on this board.

I'm not out to garner vast numbers of posters - only those who have something interesting and constructive to say. We've got a great mix on this board and they appreciate the opportunity to express and exchange views without getting into all the negativity that message boards often display.

That said, welcome aboard and I look forward to reading your views on high school football.
game.r191677.gif

No problem!

At least this board is moderated.
The other board is also a Rivals site, with the inmates running the asylum.
Do you know who is running it?

Don't know who is running the other site.

Hey Steel - what's going on in that signature photo you have? Looks like somebody ready to kick game-winning FG.

That's the final league game between Upland and Los Osos in 2010.
The scoreboard pretty much tells the whole story.

Both teams needed a win to garauntee a playoff berth.
LO had a three TD lead three different times in the game.

Upland came back, and we kicked a game winner with a couple seconds left.

I've been the kicking coach at Upland since 2000.
That's my son Jake kicking the game winner.
He was All-State and All-American 3 times at Upland and set the California state record with 39 FG's.
He kicked 58 and 57 yarders in one game as a freshman at Upland.
He got a full ride to Boise State, but left after two seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT