ADVERTISEMENT

Etiwanda coach resigns

doctrk

Sep 14, 2004
Rohrer is gone..

who's next?

this will make 3 coaches in four years at E hi

we will see wont we.
it seemed to take forever when rohrer was hired.
lets see what admin does this time.
is football still relevant at Etiwanda or is it now a basketball and band school ?
will the guys at miller with Etiwanda ties come back home?

The right guy there could shake up the Baseline, and for that matter the West Valley..

theres no doubt an abundance of talent at Etiwanda
the right guy could do VERY well.
whats admin looking for? discipline? hasn't really worked well with the culture and parents at Etiwanda.
the wrong hire could spell disaster

Originally posted by imjdm:
The right guy there could shake up the Baseline, and for that matter the West Valley..
The right guy is the Colony OC, he is an alumn from Eti, I think from their last CIF finals team, used to be OC when Marvin Jones, Angel Santiago, and a list of other D1 talent was there, last time Eti was relevant. Left for a stint at Univ Redlands, and has had a pretty good showing at Colony as OC/Co HC. That would be a great hire for Etiwanda, bring them back to former glory!

I wouldn't use Colony as a measuring stick for coaching success. Pretty easy to just add water and be good. Perfect example of that is the current head coach. Embarrassingly bad at Ontario and Duarte yet now winning. Did he become a genius overnight or does Colony just have a tremendous talent advantage over the majority of teams they play. Look at Bechtel. Great at Colony average at Chino Hills. Why? Because they no longer have vastly superior talent. One could argue that Randall had no talent at Ontario but he did at Duarte. The same for Emerson. Very average at Montclair as the OC. At Etiwanda he will not have superior talent like at Colony but will have more talent overall. Can he win. Im not sure. They were very lucky/fortunate to get LA in the finals. Charter Oak turned the ball over 8 times and they only beat them by a TD. I think Alta Loma would be a better stop. Besides I have heard that Pasquarella or Zernikow are going to get the Etiwanda job.

I think for chino hills moving into a very tough baseline league and making the playoffs in the first year is a really good job by Bechtel. Colony also went on this run with their starting Qb hurt until second half of the CO game and the final. Davis would be a great fit at Etiwanda and I believe they would be in contention for a baseline title every year with him there.

I have heard the San Dimas coach Z's name up a lot lately for that job. Etiwanda has always been the job if they get the right guy with administration behind him its a pretty good job. Kleckner has never had a problem really getting anything done on the hardwood from transfers/etc with D1/NBA Players, CIF/League Championships. It has always perplexed me why the football program has never got it done.

Brandon,

kleckner's a whole another cat.
its team first or the highway
he gets buy in due his results.
if he didn't win, he'd been a long time ago.
BB's a whole other culture at etiwanda

Originally posted by Syd4ND:
I wouldn't use Colony as a measuring stick for coaching success. Pretty easy to just add water and be good. Perfect example of that is the current head coach. Embarrassingly bad at Ontario and Duarte yet now winning. Did he become a genius overnight or does Colony just have a tremendous talent advantage over the majority of teams they play. Look at Bechtel. Great at Colony average at Chino Hills. Why? Because they no longer have vastly superior talent. One could argue that Randall had no talent at Ontario but he did at Duarte. The same for Emerson. Very average at Montclair as the OC. At Etiwanda he will not have superior talent like at Colony but will have more talent overall. Can he win. Im not sure. They were very lucky/fortunate to get LA in the finals. Charter Oak turned the ball over 8 times and they only beat them by a TD. I think Alta Loma would be a better stop. Besides I have heard that Pasquarella or Zernikow are going to get the Etiwanda job.
IDK Syd, Colony hasn't been league champs year in, year out, until the last 2 yrs under Randall, and to judge anyone on success at Ontario, which did beat Colony under Randall, or Montclair is kind of hard, if you have a .500 season either one of those places, its a great year. Not sure about his stint in Duarte, or the conditions. I do know Colony has beaten some quality teams, outside of league the last 2 years, without 1 D1 kids, so talent pool aint that rich. And if you saw the Charter Oak game, you saw it was 7 takeaways, not turnovers, ie,int & forced fumbles, so that is a credit to Colony and the coaching staff, oh and they beat Glendora, who was #1 in the division until losing to SH last week of the reg season, the week before with the back up qb.

Anyway I'd be surprised to see Pasqi give up an admin job to coach, by the way Roehr is a Pasqi offshoot, but the style of offense, Pasqi,Roehr and Zernicow favor, are not really the best for the type of athletes Etiwanda traditionally has. Etiwanda is much more suited for a spread, hi tempo, smaller/faster OL style, in my opinion.

Read on the other board, Kevin Davis, OC from Colony has gotten the HC job at Etiwanda, can anyone confirm? Seems his name had come up before, Doc he a good fit?

i think so. hes knows the culture (the beast) at Etiwanda.
might take him a few years to get it going.
they lost a lot to graduation, although as you know they always have athletes.
ive seen a few o line guys and they really need to lift.
not sold on the QB or the o line

That is definitely a work in progress.

Doc-don't know if you heard but Toure Boyd committed to South Carolina today after playing at Chaffey C.

Brandon,

Funny. I was looking at the 2015 profiles yesterday and SC wasnt even on toures list.
Hoping Hubs (daniel hubbard), meat (dimitri morales) and cameron turner get offers sometime soon too
All fine kids.

Morales was always pretty good at RC. Speaking of the QB position, I'm curious to see how Matute does this spring/summer and how that translates to interest/offers.

You should be seeing /hearing about Angel this spring through the circuit.
You would think he would have offers by now.

seen a couple of their boys at ptp
they've got kids on the circuit and lifting at school.
cant do much else, the entire fields at ehi and rancho are torn up, underway with improvements.
track, softball,bsaeball, etc are all off campus at both schools.
my boy didn't want to participate in field events due to this gives him more for his academics anyway.

Hmmmm, that will make things difficult, will the schools have feilds to prac on? Well at least the kids are moving some weight around, that'll help. Kids seem to like the new guy, or are they skeptical,3rd hc in 4 yrs?

from what the few boys ive talked to, yes, they're onboard with the new coach.
hes bringing in an up-tempo offense
the seniors just want to win and compete for a league championship.

as far as practices for spring, not sure where Etiwanda is going to hold spring / early summer workouts.
at rancho they will be practicing spring ball at an adjacent park. maybe and just maybe they'll have lower fields ready for pads.
team / parent meeting next month to discuss upcoming season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT