ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Division

Lock N Load

Jun 13, 2001
Stage set for next week: Serrano at La Quinta; Oak Hills at Palm Springs as the Mojave River and Desert Valley League's best square off.

He's a special pplayer. LQ looked good vs Vista del Lago. Serrano will be tough no doubt.

Hey Bloomerton....Norte Vista? Yeah they were the #1 team for most of the year until they lost to La Sierra in Week 9. I don't know if they lost some key players but it seems like their front wheels fell off after that.

They did lose to a very good Serrano team.

It would be nice to have an all DVL final, but methinks there is a better chance of an all Mojave River one. Anything is possible in HS sports though.

No matter what happens in the semis, LQ and PS both did a great job getting to where they are. One (or both) may pull off an upset as both teams have played some pretty good ball all year.

Traditionally the DVL rivals have been LQ-PD and PS-CC, but in fact LQ-PS has been for the league title for years now. When I had boys on the team I always considered the LQ game the most important one.

CSF, I agree, both Serrano and Oak Hills will be tough to beat. However, both DVL teams have a home field advantage. As you know it's all about matchups.

It seems as if times have changed. I agree, the rivalries gave changed. Xavier Prep and Palm Deserts games will intensify. With XP in the mix they are taking away some of the players that would've normally gone to PD.

This year it was very obvious that PD did not have the players. This may continue if XP gets better and I personally think they will.

Your right tho, the league title seems to go though either LQ or PS.

I'm wishing both teams play well this Friday. Good luck to the Blackhawks and Indians.

Rivalry

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT