ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Kelley officially new head FB coach @GVHS

gvgrizzlyfan

Aug 15, 2005
I am hearing it is official that Dan Kelley has accepted the job to become head football coach at Golden Valley High School in the Santa Clarita valley. Kelley was 26-7 during a three year stint as the head at Arleta High including two league championships and only one league loss in three years. A particularly impressive stat to GV football fans in that GV has never won a Foothill league game.

Thanks for the info, Grizz. Arleta's done pretty well in Kelley's tenure; I saw a couple of Arleta games and they were well coached. Do you think he can turn things around at GV?

Dave,
I really don't know if he can be successful. Herrington has a freight train worth of youth talent funneling into his Hart program right now and Valencia's huge student population makes them tough to beat in any year. Still, of all the coaches that have come into the program, he looks like he has the best credentials to deal with the GV problems. Just a little league success (even just one Foothill win) could help persuade some athletes to stay at GV. Kelley may get help from Jeff Engilman as well. Just a couple of league wins could help balance the scales and help distribute the athletic talent more evenly across the Santa Clarita valley. First order might be finding someone who can be the varsity QB this fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT