ADVERTISEMENT

Centennial vs. Norco

King Marques I

Nov 18, 2002
Can the Cougars actually make the Huskies play four quarters?

What do Norco fans hope for this game? Beating the spread? Perhaps a win?

How is this one going to go Friday night?

Well, I see you're giving up the points on your pick but I figure even a great team like Centennial has an "off night." I think it's about time the Huskies win but don't beat the spread.

Norco has a really solid team this year, but dang if CC doesn't seem even stronger than usual. Question is; Can CC beat the two Trinity behemoths?

Well, I see you're giving up the points on your pick but I figure even a great team like Centennial has an "off night." I think it's about time the Huskies win but don't beat the spread.
I have seen both teams twice now and I do not see how Norco can win this game. They are a quality team and, along with Upland, probably among the best in the IE.

But Centennial's defense is just tremendous. It seems strange to say that it is better than their offense. I hear you on the "off night" concept, but when defense leads the way it insulates you better than when you rely on offense. I believe offense is prone to difficulties more than defense is.

Norco may do some good things, especially if they use their four man backfield, but they are going to have difficulties protecting their QB, which should lead to a short field for the Husky offense.

Norco has a really solid team this year, but dang if CC doesn't seem even stronger than usual. Question is; Can CC beat the two Trinity behemoths?
Defense wins Championships.

That said, I think it will be some November fun to find out.

Reactions: Dave Keefer
I heard CC's new DC is former Vista murrieta DC/HC. Would make sense as to why CC actually has a defense this year.

Don't think this game will be close at all. Really hasn't been for years, with that being said, this is not one of Centennials better teams. There is just a big difference between most of the div 1 teams and everyone else. Good defenses can make Centennial a one dimensional team.......but that wont happen until the playoffs.

watching this game on Fox Prep Zone . . . I never saw such a low turnout for CC fans at a Norco, or any other CC away game as this when I was still in Corona area.

Centennial does not have the amount of people at home or road games like they use to. Especially league games because the games over the years have not been very close and alot of people just find it boring going to games that are 40 or 50+ point blowouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT