ADVERTISEMENT

Bobby Wagner (Colony HS/Utah State/Seattle Seahawks

great articles about some of the guys that didn't have the offers or attend the big schools who have made it to next level.
personally, I love this stuff.

I've linked an article on the front page that includes the exploits of Bobby Wagner. As some of you know, our own Brian Goad ("gaper") did some coaching of Wagner in Wagner's high school days.

What do you think of the article, gaper?

https://californiapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1760896

Hi Dave,
Great article thanks for posting it. Most people think guys like Bobby are just naturally great. This may give some insight into his work ethic.

We were practicing for the CIF championship against Canyon Springs his senior year. Tuesday and Wednesday we did gassers after practice due to the # of 2 way players we had. These start at the goal line and the players go 20 back 40 back 60 back 80 back 100 back non-stop and that is 1. We due a total of 3. All the O-line and D-line were moaning and groaning. Hey Coach its the last game we really got a do these. I happen to look down the end of the line and their is Bobby with resistance bands on his ankles. Never uttered a word and was ready to work and work harder.

great story coach.
hard to beat a kid who works like that.

Look for more stories from Brian soon. He'll be at the big Rivals Series Camp on May 10 at Fullerton College. I hope to work it into my schedule also. Hey maybe some of us can get together for lunch or dinner while there. Probably a bad day since it's Mother's Day, but just a thought.

great story coach.
hard to beat a kid who works like that.

Well fella's Colony is still producing pro players. This to me is amazing.
Class of 2006 Omar Bolden Bronco's
Class of 2007 Bobby Wagner Seahawks
Class of 2008 Joshua Andrews Eagles & Quayshawne Buckley Buccaneer's

The last 2 are both undrafted free agents.

Reactions: simidave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT