ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Football Reports and Previews

dawrestling

May 20, 2007
Bob Burt ready for first year as Fallbrook's Football Coach

By David A. Willauer-Contributing Writer-Fallbrook High School-Fallbrook, CA: Bob Burt known for his football coaching experience in the high school and college ranks brings an excellent resume to Fallbrook High School

The 74 year old Bob Burt has coached at the following High Schools and Colleges:
13 years in high school started off first coaching job at St. Paul High School under former head coach Rick Zepeda is the winningest football coach in the Southern California with 366 career wins "one of the greatest coaches I respected." said Burt.

Coach Burt's next job was at Santiago High School in Garden Grove, CA where he guided the Cavaliers to 4 straight championships.

In 1976, Coach Burt went to coach at UCLA as being one of the first assistant football coaches under former head coach Terry Donahue in his first year.

In the spring when Dick Tomey was named the new head football coach at the University of Hawaii, Coach Burt I was a defensive coordinator for 3 years

After Coach Burt's daughter started to have health issues Bob came back to Southern California as an assistant coach and defensive coordinator at Cal State Fullerton for 6 years the Titans went undefeated along with making 2 bowl contest when the Titans were at their peak and prime. Then Coach Burt was named head football at Cal State Northridge where he stayed for 9 years as the Matadors made the NCAA Division II playoffs and again Coach Burt was the winningest coach in school history.

Coach Burt's next coaching was at Temescal Canyon in Elsnore for 13 years and in his first year the Titans won the CIF title and just like Cal State Northridge was the winningest coach in their school football history.

Coach Burt retired from the state teachers system for 13 years and was named the head coach at Notre Dame at Riverside went to playoffs for 4 straight years and then Cypress High School in Anaheim and made the playoffs in his second year and as a friend of mine who was on staff here told me about the opening and was named new head football coach at Fallbrook High school and his motto is " I don't teach I coach football I am hear at 10 am in the morning each day until 7 or 8 pm at night focus on my players I deal with parents, players, grades issues for my players they think that I am happy as happy to be here."

"We had a great spring summer as I spent 24 days with the guys. said Head Coach Bob Burt." I didn't get here until I was offered the job in April we had spring practice and summer workouts and will compete this year as spent most of my football career was in the Southern Section but I'm happy with the work ethic and the attitude along with the kids."

Coach Bob Burt on the outlook of the team: At quarterback James Grantham 7 completions out of 16 attempts for 132 yards he had a good spring on offense but had a lot of success at throwing the ball 60 to 40 and he has a lot of talent but needs to prove himself to be the leader that we need he is big has a good arm and is a competitor at what I saw."

Coach Burt on Kobe Stalling 3 receptions for 47 yards at wr: "He's an excellent receiver who is also a 2 way player and an excellent athlete with good hands, Kobe will involve him in the offense quite a bit

Coach Burt on both Mike Lindsay 5 carries for 37 yards is playing fullback and Nashon Hagan 12 carries for 22 yards is one of our tailbacks and is picking up the offense

Coach Burt on Defensive Players: " Charlie Bickel is our outside linebacker. Ethan Martin will see starting time some time in the secondary as a so he has a great attitude and is working hard we have played in him in a couple of positions."

Offensive plays we an I formation team will go multiple and one back sets spread and stuff were not a wing t like Delaware not a spread like Oregon if you look at our offense look like Stanford type stuff tight ends running the ball spread out probably like how Denver was this year

Defensive Plays 4-2-5

"We opened up against Westview as Kyle Williams was named the head coach. I have known his father for years when I have to wait and see their scrimmage films but as of now I have no idea of what they are going to run as what were going to run he Kyle hired some coaches to help with the spread offensive and a hired a defense that runs a 4-3 but I have to focus on our squad." said Burt

Reactions: Dave Keefer
Nice write up!

I remember coach Burt at CSUN (my alma mater). I wish CSUN still had a football program!

Hey D I am in the works of getting e mailed previews from other football coaches from Army Navy down to Escondido. Once when they come you will get a copy of it. Take care and have a good weekend.

Dave

Dave - a suggestion: start a new thread with each preview.

Multiple posts to one thread become too long and folks won't read them.

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT